Pages

Monday, May 7, 2018

My Way of Dressing #1: Layering, Personal Touch, Affordable

Location: Mount Bromo Tengger Semeru, East Java

My personal style/way of dressing includes these 3:

1. Layering, it allows me to come with tons of different possible look with same items. Plus, sometimes non-hijab items are so freaking pretty and to be able to wear that, I must do some layering. Personally, I think layering makes me do some efforts and making effort is more satisfying.

2. Adding some personal touch. Literally. Making from scratch isn't a must, of course, adding some beads or patches also works. No one will ever have the precisely same item as me! In this case, I added some beads to the shoulder parts of my denim jacket and made fringe to the old jeans. This denim jacket is my current favorite.


3. Affordable. What's affordable to each person is different so just chill. For me, even buying an H&M sweater is still a luxury.





To support the statement of me keeping my style affordable, these are the details of how I got the items I wear in the pictures:

Gray Scarf
Traditional Market, IDR17.000. Just a basic Saudia square scarf.

Round Sunnies
Royal Plaza Surabaya, IDR50.000/2 sunnies

Long Sleeve White Shirt
"Tokomuslim" on Shopee apps, IDR32.000

Denim Jeans
"Shelly_shop" on Shopee apps, IDR94.500
The beads are from "centralhandmade" on Shopee apps, IDR2.600-2.700/pack

Black Belt
Stroberi, IDR30.000-ish. It has holes along the whole belt, so convenient for the petite me who always finds it difficult to get a fitted belt.

Culotte Jeans
My aunt's. I made some fringe on the hems, following a tutorial on YouTube. I lost track of the tutorial video I follow so you can search "fringe denim tutorial" or something like that on YouTube. There are some types of fringe so choose anything you want for your jeans.

Sneakers
A classic black Converse shoes. My sister gave me hers because she doesn't wear it anymore.




That's how I dress and I think it works for me. Tell me what's yours! It might be helpful.

xoxo,


Wardah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...